Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesday, July 26

Today the Elder Hoovers and the Andersons drove out of Alice Springs to see a couple of gorges and a chasm. It doesn't take long to find yourself in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the desert. Don and Jeannine used to camp out at the spots we saw today though they did it during the Australian summer -- not something I can even fathom doing due to the desert heat and the flies.

Sorry I can't post any photos today -- the scenery today was awesome. Unfortunately, Meredith was not. :) Today was likely her worst day of the trip behavior wise. Given she's 3 1/2 we should actually consider ourselves lucky that it comes just 2 days prioir to our departure.

So I'm actually here in the room with Meredith while the rest of the Billabong Express is at Casa Nostra. I can't believe I volunteered to miss another night of gluttony but (1) Meredith's behavior would have ruined it for all, (2) I was weary from her crying and whining all day and (3) Lisa and Madie desered a break. I've made Meredith eggs, she's winding down and I'm here blogging with a glass of cabernet -- so all is not lost. Plus I'm counting on a significant amount of leftovers making their way back from Casa Nostre.

Yesterday's photo postings may have been the last for a few days, at least until we get to Korea where we'll actually have a full day to check out Seoul which we're all pretty excited about.

Tomorrow we still plan to go to the camel farm and ride camels. Not sure if I'll get golf in since we still have some shopping to do and laundry and packing to get done. We'll see.

All the best!

-- Big Daddy

Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home