Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thursday, July 7: Beautiful

We finally got a night's sleep after getting to our hotel around 10 last night. When I realized I had been in the same clothes for 2 days it dawned on me that yes, I too probably stink. The rest of the clan was very grateful that I showered last night and did not awake to find me in my travel sweats today.

After flying into Cairns, we took a shuttle bus to Port Douglas which is where we'll be until Sunday. We are about 60 yards from the beach so that's where we headed after breakfast and a trip to the grocery (we have kitchenettes so plan to make our own meals as much as possible. The beach was spectacular! The waters a bit cool. The weather -- blue skies and about 80 degrees. Funny -- the locals think the town's crowded. I'm sure every room is booked but since there are no big high rise hotels for us this place is empty.

Madie and I are sitting at an ice cream/book/movie/internet cafe at the moment. Not sure what the plan is for tonight but tomorrow we have an all day tour through the Daintree -- the rainforest area.

Still having some photo problems -- once fixed I'll make sure to upload a bunch of photos.

Hope you're all well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home